Re: Driver Install Conundrum

+ (text/html)
Author: Wayne Davis
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Driver Install Conundrum
On 10/15/2012 10:37 AM, Brian Cluff wrote:
> rm /var/lib/dpkg/info/brscan4.prerm /var/lib/dpkg/info/brscan4.postins

> wayne@8-Core:~$ *sudo rm /var/lib/dpkg/info/brscan4.prerm
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/brscan4.postinst *
> wayne@8-Core:~$ *sudo apt-get remove brscan4*
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> E: The package brscan4 needs to be reinstalled, but I can't find an
> archive for it.

wayne@8-Core:~$ *sudo dpkg -C*
The following packages are in a mess due to serious problems during
installation.  They must be reinstalled for them (and any packages
that depend on them) to function properly:
  brscan4              Brother Scanner Driver

MUON INFO

Package: brscan4

Error: Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should
reinstall it before attempting a removal.

Am i doing something wrong?