OT: Google Voice question.

Author: joe@actionline.com
To: Plug-discuss
Subject: OT: Google Voice question.
Google Voice is monumentally confusing (to me). For longer than I care to
admit, I have been trying to figure out how to get GV to work the way I
want it to work.

Our qwest home phone land line has "call forward, don't answer" set to
forward to our Google Voice number after 2-to-3 rings, and I finally have
Google Voice configured to go straight to voice-mail. However, the
problem is that after the land line number rings 2 or 3 times, Google
Voice then rings another FIVE (5) times before GV voice-mail answers.

I've searched the 'net but am unable to find any way to reduce the number
of rings. Ideally, I'd like Google Voice voice-mail to answer immediately
on the first ring (or even with no ring at all).

Have any of you experienced this problem or found a solution?