dhcp question

Author: joe@actionline.com
To: PLUG
Subject: dhcp question

I have spent more than a week trying to figure out how to send
documents from my Linux machines to print on a new Canon mx439
printer, but I still can't get it to work.

Have not yet been able to find any help at:
http://www.openprinting.org/

Did find the IP (inet?) and MAC addresses for this Canon
printer in my network: 192.168.0.68 and 88:87:17:C0:A4:45

Also found what is shown in these two screen captures:
http://upquick.com/temp/dhcp.jpg
-and- http://upquick.com/temp/subnets.jpg

But now what? What do I need to do to establishing
a "static IP address"? I'm very apprehensive about
royally messing something up.

Matt suggested: "Check the CUPS log files for anything strange."

While searching for that, I found this:
http://upquick.com/temp/canon.troubleshoot.txt

But I have no idea what it might be revealing.

What do I need to do to be able to get documents sent
to this Canon pixma mx439 printer to print?