Still can't get new Canon printer to print from Linux.

Author: joe@actionline.com
To: PLUG
Subject: Still can't get new Canon printer to print from Linux.
I recently posted an inquiry to plug regarding a new Canon pixma mx439
wireless printer that I installed on our home-office network. Wireless
printing works from my wife's win-xp laptop, but I cannot print to that
printer from my Linux machines on the same network. My Linux system
"Control Center" finds the printer has been added as a network printer and
when I send a test page or an actual document to be printed, those
documents show up as "completed" as shown in three screen captures
combined at this link:

http://upquick.com/temp/cups.jpg

My computer's Control Center shows the printer properly set up as the
default printer as indicatd in these three additional screen captures.

http://www.upquick.com/temp/cups2.jpg

More than one person has suggested that I give the printer a static IP
address, but I don't know how to do that.

How can I give the printer a static IP address? And what else do I need
to do to be able to get the printer to print documents that I send to it
from my Linux machines?