Re: Subject: Cox Cable TV

Author: Scott
To: Plug Discuss
CC: Benjamin Francom
Subject: Re: Subject: Cox Cable TV
On 2012-07-18 20:32, Benjamin Francom wrote:

> Have you looked at the SiliconDust HDHomerun Prime?
> https://www.silicondust.com/company/news/
>
> It is supposed to work with a CableCard, and their prior versions (pre
> Cable Card) work pretty seamless with MythTV.

I did, and have one. I have a CableCard from Cox, and a Tuning Adapter
to put in line with it to ensure I get all the channels. The HDHR does
list all of the channels to which I'm subscribed, so I know that part is
working. However, almost all of the channels show up with a "copy once"
flag attached. My understanding from Internet research is that this
flag will keep MythTV (or any open source DVR) from viewing or recording
the channel.