HELP-Kubuntu-Whacked screen after update

Author: Wayne Davis
To: plug-discuss
Subject: HELP-Kubuntu-Whacked screen after update
A friends system had an update yesterday. Today, when you boot it up,
the is a blue screen with a couple of folders that WERE on the desktop
before. BUT,it says its unable to load the system tray now.

I did have him boot into recovery mode run DPKG's fix mode, which only
removed 1 obsolete file. Still the same results.

Any Ideas?