Strange Server Behavior

+ (text/html)
Author: Mark Phillips
To: Phoenix Linux Users
Subject: Strange Server Behavior
I have a headless server running Linux version 2.6.32-5-686 (Debian
2.6.32-45) () (gcc version 4.3.5 (Debian 4.3.5-4) and no X
or window manager, and I have noticed in the past couple of days that when
I ssh in the server it occasionally stops responding for a minute or two,
then comes back as if nothing had happened. It is a random event - maybe
once an hour. I cannot find anything in the logs - no error messages. There
is nothing wrong with the machine where I initiated the ssh session, and it
is not connected to ssh. The server completely stops responding, then comes
back as if nothing had happened.

How would I go about diagnosing this problem?

Thanks,

Mark