Re: raid (was RE: OT: Dell disks)

+ (text/html)
Author: Gilbert T. Gutierrez, Jr.
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: raid (was RE: OT: Dell disks)
Other than the case when 2 drives failed, Raid 5 worked for me for many
years. If you are using simple mirroring though 2 drives failing will
cause the same issue. I now use Raid 6 for a little more redundancy.
Always backup your data to other storage (offsite if possible) in-case
of disaster.

Gilbert