Re: An introduction and RFC on education path.

+ (text/html)
Author: Dazed_75
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: An introduction and RFC on education path.
Calibre and read and convert just about anything.

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 1:07 PM, Carruth, Rusty <
> wrote:

> There is a windows app for reading kindle docs on windows.  I don’t know
> if there is a linux app, but I’d hope so.  Oh, wait!  Google is your
> friend:    it looks like you are stuck with reading it in your browser
> (“Amazon Cloud Reader”, see
> http://techlaze.com/2011/08/linux-users-kindle-cloud/) or using wine (or
> similar) with their native windows programs (assuming that works).   Linux
> Journal says you can read their .mobi files using Calibre, but I don’t know
> if kindle eBooks are .mobi format or not. (I do know there is an android
> app for reading kindle docs on android – I have one and have used it)****

> ** **
>
> Rusty****
>
> ** **

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

Please protect my address like I protect yours. When sending messages to
multiple recipients, always use the BCC: (Blind carbon copy) and not To: or
CC:. Remove all addresses from the message body before sending a Forwarded
message. This can prevent spy programs capturing addresses from the
recipient list and message body.