Urgent: need to ID some Network Manager icons - STAT!

Author: Jim March
To: Tucson Free Unix Group, Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Urgent: need to ID some Network Manager icons - STAT!
Folks,

I'm observing the counting of the vote in Pima County tonight. On my
personal laptop (running Ubuntu 12.04 64bit, Gnome 3 Classic desktop,
Network Manager 0.9.4) I'm seeing WiFi "somethings" with an alternate
icon. Screenshot:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1jimmarch/7181962971/

"PrettyFlyForAWiFi" is my personal Android cellphone doing a hotspot,
that I'm connected to. But what exactly are those other three?

I've looked for Network Manager documentation and haven't found squat.
And my Android 2.3 cellphone doesn't show 'em at all.

Trying to connect to them in Ubuntu fails.

Are these PCs set to ad-hoc mode, or WiFi printers, or ???

FAST answers a plus...

Thanks,

Jim