permission denied on a flash drive

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Havens
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: permission denied on a flash drive
I got a flashdrive and I plug ot into a computer. Nothing appears saying
I've plugged new media in and what do I want to do with it. So I open the
/media and see my drive. SO I click it and get the improper permissions to
view directory error. So I tried changing the permissions of the drive but
it said 'not today!' So IO plugged it into the other computer and I get the
question about what to do with the new media. So I click on it and go into
the directory and I caan see all the pdfs I have on the drive but when I
try to open a file that is editable the computer says the file is in use
and asks if I want to open a copy or as read-only. I deleted the lock files
so I don't know what it is talking about. Any clue what is going on? What I
did before this happened is I moved a bunch of files to a larger pen drive
and deleted them from this drive.

--