Re: OT: Drop Box - is it secure?

+ (text/html)
Author: Mike Bydalek
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: OT: Drop Box - is it secure?
Safest bet is to assume the world can read it. I would encrypt the data as
that way the transport doesn't matter as much. I wouldn't send any
confidential information in plain text unless I was 100% the end to end
connection was secure.

Is DropBox itself secure? I would say about as secure as Gmail. There was
an issue a while back where passwords weren't being checked or something,
and anyone could log into anyone's account. Since then, I only put
non-sensitive material there, or ensure it has been encrypted.

Regards,
Mike