Re: change home directory name

+ (text/html)
Author: Lisa Kachold
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: change home directory name
As root edit the /etc/passwd file for the line that says:

lkachold:x:1000:1000:Lisa Kachold:/home/lkachold:/bin/bash

Change the /home/directory link

Be sure to change the directory permissions to be owned by the correct user.

chown -R yourusername /home/directory

(503) 754-4452 Android
(623) 239-3392 Skype
(623) 688-3392 Google Voice