Re: python error

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Havens
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: python error
> What is your complete /home/bmike1/.bashrc?

there is one line in my .bashrc file. it is:

[[ -s $HOME/.pythonbrew/etc/bashrc ]] && source
$HOME/.pythonbrew/etc/bashrc

that is all that the file has in it.

>> This is weird; look at what happened in the shell:

>> bmike1@Michaels-Laptop ~ $ sudo su
>> [sudo] password for bmike1:
>> Traceback (most recent call last):

> This is the known python virtualenv error (that we tried to fix with
> pythonbrew:

That isn't what was weird..... weird thing is it tried to mkdir when I 'su
bmike1'.

bmike1@Michaels-Laptop ~ $ sudo su
[sudo] password for bmike1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named virtualenvwrapper.hook_loader
virtualenvwrapper.sh: There was a problem running the initialization hooks.
If Python could not import the module virtualenvwrapper.hook_loader, check
that virtualenv has been installed for VIRTUALENVWRAPPER_PYTHON=/usr
/bin/python and that PATH is set properly.
Michaels-Laptop bmike1 # nano ~/.bashrc
Michaels-Laptop bmike1 # su bmike1
mkdir: cannot create directory `/root': Permission denied
bmike1@Michaels-Laptop ~ $ nano ~/.bashrc

> Did you also make sure that that /home/bmike1/.pythonbrew/etc/venv.run
> exists and is writable?
>
> $ ls -al /home/bmike1/.pythonbrew/etc/venv.run
> $ chmod ug+ /home/bmike1/.pythonbrew/etc/venv.run

It is there.

>> What do you mean?
>

> After each TEST or change of files, you would logout and log back in -
> completely to see if your shell python error was fixed?

REally? No, that isn't something I've been doing. Thanks for tellikng me.
....<logout>
....<login>
Nope still get the error.
Is it cool to login/out from tty (I don't want to lose all of the stuff on
my desktop).