Re: New monitor

Author: Stephen
To: John, Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: New monitor
Well I have a 27 in 1920x1080 16:9 and it works great, its an ASUS and
i got it at frys electronics fro about 240 then got a mail in rebate.
it has 2 HDMI input and 1 D-sub 15, then it has audio in/out and some
reasonable built in speakers. It comes with a VGA cable and a DVI-i to
HDMI cable as well..

and i forgot it has a remote... in all its pretty awesome and was a great price.

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 11:30 AM, John <> wrote:
> My monitor is beginning to act up as the built in monitor adjustments screen
> keeps popping up. Sometimes it disappears and sometimes it just sits their
> and spins through all the choices. Anyhow, I'm looking to get a new monitor
> for 11.10 KDE using a GEForce 7300 LE on a desktop. The current monitor is
> small as it is a 4:3 15in but I do like 4:3 aspect ratio. Is a touch screen
> monitor a good choice? Will it work with Ubuntu? Waste of time? I don't do
> anything but surf the net and use OpenOffice read email etc no gaming. I
> have a normal size desk. Is 24 inches 16:9 too big? Too small? Any
> recommendations on resolution? Will I need a new video card?
>
> Thanks

Stephen