Re: oracle virtual machine

+ (text/html)
Author: Nathan England
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: oracle virtual machine

I don't get the harsh criticism of VirtualBox. I have not used vmware in a
couple years. Last time I tried I could not get the drivers to compile against
the kernel I was using, which was no doubt to new for vmware. Yet I've never
had a problem compiling vbox drivers for any kernel.

I use VirtualBox on a Core2Duo laptop with a 15.4" 1680 x 1050 display and a
20" 1600x900 external display. I run VirtualBox full screen on my external
display and it runs great. I even run Windows XP and watch netflix in the vbox
while I'm doing real work on my laptop screen.

VirtualBox accelerated drivers work great with my Intel graphics chipset. How
does vmware compare?

Nathan