Re: URL advertising

Author: Joseph Sinclair
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: URL advertising
https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/home
You may need to login to your google account.
Click "submit a site to get started" to add the url. Then they can select various things to do to help Google index the site.
There are no guarantees, but at the least it improves the chances the site will be in the index.

If you REALLY want to be visible (not as a search result, but on the Google site), then advertise the site/event with AdWords, but that costs money (not much, and it's per-click(cents) or per-conversion(dollars), but it's not free).