Re: google's ftp

Author: Ed
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: google's ftp
On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 10:16 PM, Michael Havens <> wrote:
> I tried googling it. I just got a bunch of godaddy advertisements. I think I
> would put:
>      ftp://<googlesftp>/<myuserid>
> but I don't know googles ftp. I tried
>      ftp://google.com
> Maybe I'm doing it wrong. I'm putting  my website in the HTTP space and
>      ftp://google.com/<my user name>
> It used to be that when I went to the website (fatherswithforeignbabies.us)
> that it would go to a page with a bunch of ads. Then I tried to upload  to
> google..... ohhhhhhh. That's my problem. My hosting is somewhere else. Oops.
> Hmmmmmmm. Now when I go to the page  instead of all the advertisements it
> gives me a 'server not found' error. Did I mess things up? How do I fix it?
> or is it just a matter of uploading it to the correct host?

You are thinking about Google Sites - a template driven website
service. I don't know of any Google service that works with FTP.
Login to your Google account and go to Google Sites - start a website
with the correct URL and follow the instructions on how to have your
DNS (at you GoDaddy account) point to the site. There are many
options, but essentially you will need to add a CNAME record to your
DNS profile to prove to Google that you control the account. Then you
will need to configure the DNS at GoDaddy to point (A record) to your
Google Site. at least that is how I remember it