Re: backup entire system

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Havens
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: backup entire system
it's weird..... I archived 200GB in about 5 or 6 hours. I split the archive
into 700MB files which turned out to be 5 files. The first file took about
an hour to create. I then split my drive into 50GB partitions and am
archiving the first partition. (the only one with any data on it) It took
15 minutes for the first file and anothe 4 files have been created in about
an hour and 15 miutes and it is still going. Any ideas as to why the
disparity between the times it has taken? I mean I would think it wouldn't
create as many files for a smaller archive.

--