Re: OT - Windows XP Installation CD

+ (text/html)
Author: Mark Phillips
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: OT - Windows XP Installation CD
On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 12:12 PM, Lisa Kachold <>wrote:

> There are tons of sights with links to XP source:
>
> http://www.metacafe.com/watch/491686/installing_windows_xp_pro_including_free_legal_key/

The site appears to be dead....I just get a blank page

> Be sure to get your key off your system: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/tipstricks/ht/findxpkey.htm

Hard to miss the bright shiny tag on the top of the box! ;)

> http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windowsxp/f/download-windows-xp.htm

I found that site early on in my search. All it says is "there are tons of
sites with Windows downloads...", but no links, and then it says to buy a
new copy from MS.

> All of the referenced download links are, of course, "illegal" therefore
> possibly warez sites with spam, trojans, virus, etc.
>
> Try to find someone with a DVD?

That was the point of my email.....

> [I have one, but I am not going to supply the use of it to anyone on a
> Linux list and I can't get it to you with my current schedule..]
>
> You should not need to use Windows for anything!

One has to use Windows or MacOS for iTunes and Windows for many Windows
games. Wine does not always work, and it does not work for iTunes.

Happy New Year!

Mark