Re: Looking for Laptop Recommendations

+ (text/html)
Author: Dazed_75
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Looking for Laptop Recommendations
I would think she should have at least 2 GB memory for that so the VM could
have 1 GB. I'd also like to see at least a core 2 duo for better
virtualization support and reduced power needs.

I happened to be at ASU Surplus (SE corner of 101 and Rio Salato) the other
day. I was not looking for a laptop, but I saw they had a number of
laptops including a Dell Latitude D610 or D620. I did not look to see what
any of them had.

On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 7:14 AM, Mark Phillips
<>wrote:

> My daughter needs a "new" laptop for high school. It needs to run Debian
> or Ubunrtu and have enough horsepower to run Windows XP in VMware Player
> for iTunes. A refurbished machine is OK. I am mostly interested in what you
> would recommend as minimum hardware specs (processor 7 RAM) for this
> configuration. Also, if you have another suggestion for running Linux and
> iTunes, I am all ears! ;)
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mark

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

Please protect my address like I protect yours. When sending messages to
multiple recipients, always use the BCC: (Blind carbon copy) and not To: or
CC:. Also remove all of the addresses from the message body before
forwarding the message. These simple measures prevent spy programs from
capturing the addresses shown in the recipient list and the message body.