Re: Ubuntu Linux losing popularity fast. New Unity interface…

Author: Michael Butash
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Ubuntu Linux losing popularity fast. New Unity interface to blame? | Royal Pingdom
Agreed - that was one of the first things I killed:

sudo apt-get remove appmenu-gtk3 appmenu-gtk appmenu-qt

Just reverse that to put it back if you really miss the stupid mac-like
behavior. Biggest reason for me to be rid of it is I can't spawn unity
menus on each framebuffer set, so nothing on my second monitor set had
menus... Brilliant!

This was a good find for making oneiric suck less:

http://www.webupd8.org/2011/10/things-to-tweak-after-installing-ubuntu.html

-mb