Re: libreoffice <-> openoffice.org

+ (text/html)
Author: Dazed_75
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: libreoffice <-> openoffice.org
And most distros seem to be switching to Libre as they release new versions
of their distro

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 8:31 AM, Thomas Gail Haws <>wrote:

> In my recent research about LibreOffice vs. OpenOffice, wanting to know
> what to recommend to my children, I seem to have learned that, "As with
> Joomla, so with LibreOffice".
>
> In other words, it's where the developers went.
>
> Tom Haws
> Gilbert, Arizona
> --
> "To forgive is the highest, most beautiful form of love. In return, you
> will receive untold peace and happiness." - Dr. Robert Muller
>

> On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 8:17 AM, Michael Havens <> wrote:
>
>> and apparently so is Libreoffice!
>>

>> On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 7:55 AM, Stephen <> wrote:
>>
>>> Libre office
>>>
>>> It is the non oracle fork from open office.
>>>
>>> I am mistrustful of oracle's stewardship of opensource software.

>> --

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

Please protect my address like I protect yours. When sending messages to
multiple recipients, always use the BCC: (Blind carbon copy) and not To: or
CC:. Also remove all of the addresses from the message body before
forwarding the message. These simple measures prevent spy programs from
capturing the addresses shown in the recipient list and the message body.