who would I have to contact to have a printer driver made?

Author: Technomage Hawke
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: who would I have to contact to have a printer driver made?
ok, I think the subject says it all.

the printer: canon pixma ip2600 inkjet printer.

there used to be a ppd and a package for this printer, but it seems to have dropped from sight after kernel 2.4.
I tried getting hold of someone at canon and have gotten no response.

this is a nice $30 printer and works well with windows, but without linux support, its a pain to have to save files to be printed to a windows machine and then print from there.

anyone know of the dev team for printer support?

-eric