Re: OT--SATA problem

+ (text/html)
Author: Mark Jarvis
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: OT--SATA problem

      Thanks to all who responded.

      Red face time.

      I just checked Tiger Direct--they have several SATA cards from $20
      to $60. Any particular brand you recommend to a) use or b) stay
      away from?

      -mj-

    Eric Shubert wrote:

The
      problem I referred to was with software/linux raid and raw drives
      on the promise controller. Just to be clear.

      As you said they seem to work fine as standalone (no raid) drives.