OT--SATA problem

+ (text/html)
Author: Mark Jarvis
To: plug
Subject: OT--SATA problem

      I have a desktop system which unfortunately has only two SATA
      channels, which are used by my primary and backup HDs. I would
      like to add a particular DVD re-writer which only comes in SATA.
      Is there an add-in card or something similar available which I can
      use to allow a third SATA connection?

      Since the backup HD is used only occasionally to make backups
      (yes, I know, I should do it more regularly) I guess that I could
      leave the one device plugged in most of the time and just switch
      plugs when the other is needed, but I really don't want to do
      that. Is there such a thing as a SATA switch?

      Thanks for any ideas you may have!

      Mark Jarvis