gedit / permissions problems

+ (text/html)
Author: James Dugger
To: PLUG-discuss
Subject: gedit / permissions problems
Hoping someone can help;

To copy on old hard drive with multiple user accounts onto a new drive I
changed the ownership recursively to all files and folders on the old drive
to root. I must have changed the ownership on more than the old HDD because
I noticed that Nautilus had locked me out of my home directory. After the
old drive was copied I changed the ownership of my user account using chown
-R user_name (from the home directory). below is a current directory list:

drwx--x--x. 36 james james 4096 Sep 5 16:53 james
> drwx------. 2 root root 16384 Sep 2 21:13 lost+found

I have access to my user directories now however I have notice the
following when I attempt to bring up gedit to configure Apache:

[root@cgws1 sbin]# gedit /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

> (gedit:2673): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to store changes into
> `/root/.local/share/recently-      used.xbel', but failed: Failed to create
> file '/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel.F2PF1V': No such file or
> directory

> (gedit:2673): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to set the permissions of
> `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: No such file or
> directory

I don't know if this is related to the permission/ownership issue or if it
is associated wiht the following recent adjustments made to SELinux made to
set permissions for Apache to use the new DocumentRoot assignment I set up
for virtual hostingon my web development server.

The document root is /home/user_name/sites

Permission settings for Apache:

SELinux settin changes:

--
James