ubuntu host web access is slower than windows guest vm

Author: James Crawford
To: plug-discuss
Subject: ubuntu host web access is slower than windows guest vm
<quote>
> > search example.com
> > nameserver 1.2.3.4
> > nameserver 5.6.7.8

dig crow202.org 1.2.3.4>> 131 ms response
dig crow202.org 5.6.7.8>> 75 ms response

I'd never heard of the dig command before, and both seems to have use the
8.8.8.8 nameserver. I was hoping to check each nameserver this way, but I',
not sure I'm doing it right. I looked up the command and tried using like
this dig [nameserver] [record] as in dig 8.8.4.4 crow202.org, but it still
seems to use the 8.8.8.8 nameserver.

dig crow202.org 8.8.8.8>> 49 ms
</quote>

Dazed_75 aka Larry put together a script that does dig request to various name servers you might be able to get him to repost it.

James C.