Re: RFC - Linux Command Cheatsheet

Author: Dennis Kibbe
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: RFC - Linux Command Cheatsheet
On Wed, 2011-07-06 at 13:26 -0500, Sam Kreimeyer wrote:
> Hello Dennis,
>
> If it doesn't make your cheatsheet too verbose, I would highly
> recommend adding in |, >, and <. I use them very often, and they open
> up a lot of options for a user.
>
> It may be going a little beyond the basics, but sed and awk are also
> really handy to keep in mind for altering files and streams. I think
> that they can do a lot of work most people assume they can't do or
> would have to write a program for.

Sam,

Oh, sounds like topics for the sysadmin cheatsheet. :-)

I'm afraid to keep the length at one doubled sheet there is going to be
a lot of useful stuff that won't make the cut.

I briefly mention redirection so I might leave it at that, the pipe
symbol though is a keeper. Thanks!

Dennis
--
Adjunct Faculty
Linux Operating System and System Administration