Re: OT: What is the Internet Hiding From You?

+ (text/html)
Author: Sam Kreimeyer
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: OT: What is the Internet Hiding From You?
A few years ago I was on a forum and typed a message to someone in Spanish.
When I loaded the next page, I suddenly found myself bombarded with ads for
Mexican rap albums. I hadn't made any searches or clicked any links related
to these things; the server identified the language used in the form input
and adjusted my ads accordingly. There's quite a lot of money in keeping
tabs on what you look for and redirecting you to particular products.

I would be very surprised if Google *weren't* doing this.