Re: How to set Calibre directory? Solved

+ (text/html)
Author: Dazed_75
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: How to set Calibre directory? Solved
Not really the issue you guys are discussing, but this article is about
improving the UI and states the author is working on improving the UI

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/05/making-calibre-look-nicer/

Larry

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 5:35 PM, Joseph Sinclair
<>wrote:

> The ugly directory was actually, most likely, for a single book. Calibre
> defaults to using your home directory as the "library" directory and uses a
> fairly complex, but Windows-friendly, filename and directory structure below
> that.
> It's a bad interface decision, but Calibre has absolutely horrible UI
> structure and design, so that's not surprising.
>
> I like the *capability* of Calibre, I just wish someone would take the same
> capabilities and produce a decent UI for it.
>
> On 05/15/2011 11:08 AM, wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Joseph.
> >
> > I finally found that calibre does allow one to create new
> > (actually multiple) library/directories; and, in fact, it
> > allows creating one with a "switch" option to automatically
> > move all books into that newly created one. So, I was able to
> > create one with everything moved into that new one and then
> > just delete the one that calibre had automatically created
> > initially with that confounded file/directory name with caps
> > and spaces in the name. Why would they have done that?
> >
> > Anyway, the problem is now solved.
> >
> > Thanks again.
> >

> >> The Library button (probably reads something like "35 books") controls
> >> this. Click that button and enter a different directory.

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions,
that I wish it always to be kept alive.
- Thomas Jefferson