Re: Copy to smb share

+ (text/html)
Author: James Mcphee
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Copy to smb share
Unless you've already connected to the smb share, you won't be able to
access it. You could try smbclient, and do a put. I'm sure there are other
ways, but that's the quickest to script. Soooooo wrong from a security
perspective, but eh.

smbclient //target/share password -W domain -u user <<ENDEND
> cd path
> put file
> ENDEND

Something like that.

On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 5:24 PM, Tom Ostlund <> wrote:

> Hello All.
>
> I am trying to figure out how to copy a file to a smb share from the
> command line.
>
> The share is
>
> smb://my-airport-extreme.local/drobo/folder/
>
> my way is failing
>
> cp test.txt smb://my-airport-extreme.local/drobo/folder/test.txt
>
> What is the right way to do this?
>
> Thanks,
> Tom
>
> Mesa AZ