Drupal presentation for May East Side Mtg?

+ (text/html)
Author: Ariel Gold
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Drupal presentation for May East Side Mtg?
HI Folks,

I'm build websites, specializing in Drupal and CiviCRM and Hans has asked me
to give a presentation Thursday, May 12th.

Is there anything in particular you'd like me to present? I was thinking
about giving a presentation on Aegir, including drush make. I'm also happy
to give a more basic presentation on something like how to build an online
business directory.

What is Aegir?

The Aegir hosting system allows developers and site administrators to
automate many of the common tasks associated with deploying and managing
large websites. Aegir makes it easy to install, upgrade, deploy, and backup
an entire network of Drupal sites.
Recent support for multi-server site deployment and management allows for
migrating sites between servers, including large sites spread across
multiple web servers.

What is Drush make?

** Drush make is an extension to drush that can create a ready-to-use drupal
site, pulling sources from various locations. It does this by parsing a flat
text file (similar to a drupal .info file) and downloading the sources it
describes. In practical terms, this means that it is possible to distribute
a complicated Drupal distribution as a single text file.

http://aegirproject.org
http://drupal.org/project/drush_make

See you!

Ariel Gold