Humble Bundle?

Author: der.hans
To: quatsch
Subject: Humble Bundle?
moin moin,

The whole Humble Bundle thing is interesting. Making close to $1 million
in a couple of weeks on name your own pricing is pretty good, too. That
money is split between 2 companies and 2 charities, but the companies seem
to be happy.

Some of the companies involved in the Humble Bundle sales are releasing
source code. Not sure that any are releasing as FLOSS in this round. I
guess the code is available with the purchase, but I haven't seen anything
about licensing.

I've been thinking about this, but I'm not really into computer games.

I do like the attitude in this blog entry referencing a previous Humble
Bundle sale.

http://blog.wolfire.com/2010/05/Saving-a-penny----pirating-the-Humble-Indie-Bundle

http://frozenbyte.com/blog/?p=240

http://blog.wolfire.com/2011/04/Frozenbyte-releases-Shadowgrounds-source-code

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/16275-humble-frozenbyte-bundle-adds-shadowgrounds-source-code-trine-editor-more/

I see references to steam, but I believe that's not required for the
GNU/Linux versions.

I'm still not certain I can play the games anyway.

http://frozenbyte.com/help_humble/linuxfaq.html

"Trine and the Shadowgrounds games may not work with open source drivers
because the games need S3TC support and this can cause trouble." and I saw
somewhere that S3TC isn't supported in any of our drivers.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Dissent is patriotic.