Re: Hosting for BigBlueButton?

Author: Crawford Rainwater
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Hosting for BigBlueButton?
----- Alan Dayley <> wrote: -----

> I could us some pointers to a hosting solution. Many of you might
> know the best way to get this going.
>
> I'd like to find a host provider for an instance of BigBlueButton[1]
> to use occasionally for family meetings. Below is what I imagine the
> need to be.

<...snipped...>

> Existing Options:
> - Generic Conferencing[4] - Has a pay-per-month limited by number of
> attendees. Provides telephone dial-in too which probably adds to the
> price. No contract, so could work.
> - HostBBB[5] - Has shared hosts combined with CMS for $25 per month
> and $50 setup fee. Too much money and capability for what I want.
> - Self host at home - Would work fine once I have the box together.
> Violates my terms of use with my Cox cable, the main reason for
> finding hosting elsewhere.
>
> Can any of you recommend a solution from your hosting provider
> experiences? Maybe a "standard" hosting service with enough bandwidth
> would work?

Alan and company:

Linux ETC also provide Big Blue Button hosted as well if you (or others) are interested. Feel free to visit our web site for some more details:

http://www.linux-etc.com/web-conference

I will also offer a discount for PLUG folks as well. If there are any questions, comments, or such on this topic by all means email me directly as well as the list.

Regards,

Crawford Rainwater
CEO and President
MSEE, Linux+, LCP, RHCT, LPIC-1, Novell CLA

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court
Westminster, CO 80031 USA
voice:  +1.303.604.2550