using a cross compiling back end for gcc

Author: Technomage Hawke
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: using a cross compiling back end for gcc
ok,
I'd really like to recompile any source package for debian on my G3 but its way too slow. is there any way I can properly setup a linux machine that can take the job directly from the G3, compile the code and return the compiled binaries back to the G3 for final packaging and installation?

I have been trying to find how to do this on google, but there's so much unrelated crap showing up in the search that its making this job a major trial for me.

btw, the backend machine is either going to be my core 2 duo or the and X2. not sure which would work better.

anyone have any good ideas on this?

-Eric