Re: OT: Teaching at a CC

+ (text/html)
Author: Lisa Kachold
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: OT: Teaching at a CC
Teaching is very competitive.

I was courted by Estella Mountain Community College at one point and the
ferver and posturing, not to mention outright jealousy from various CC
related PLUG people was palatable. Expect to be shoo'd away in subtle ways;
expect to be gossiped about in overt ways should you do well and compete at
say another CC. (like Estrella Mountain CC).

I would contact the community college themselves.

Generally you are going to need to contact the right people in the right
department who are heading up those classes.
RHEL advanced security and Cisco systems are big over there.

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 11:52 PM, Dan Dubovik <> wrote:

> So, I know we have a few instructors at a community college here on
> the list. Just wondering what the requirements are to obtain said
> job. Do you need to teach a certain number of classes? What level of
> degree is required? It's something I'd like to do eventually, and
> would like to know what is needed to get there.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Dan.

Network Operations Center Engineer
Atjeu Hosting