Linux Admin - Remote Contract

+ (text/html)
+ image001.jpg (image/jpeg)
Author: Lisa Kachold
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Linux Admin - Remote Contract
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Etnire <>
Date: Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 3:45 PM
Subject: FW: Linux Admin - Remote Contract
To: "" <>

I have a very long term contract position open with a large Entertainment
company in LA.

This job can be done 99% remotely – seriously, I doubt you will ever have to
be in LA, even for the interview.

I need a strong Linux Administrator – Redhat and Centos – someone who has
worked in a LAMP environment.

Must know Apache and MYSQL as well. Any PHP or Perl scripting is a big
plus.

Again, this is work from home.

Call me anytime today or this evening to discuss. My cell is 714-364-7620

Thanks

*Linux Admin – Job Description and Requirements*

5+ Years experience as a sysadmin.

Mission critical experience in mid to large size LAMP hosting environment.

Minimum 6 months experience with Amazon EC2 or similar cloud technologies.

Experience with shared and/or distributed file systems (Preferably OpenAFS)

Expert level knowledge of Apache troubleshooting and configuration,
mod_security, mod php, and mod rewrite.

Expert level knowledge of MySQL configuration, backups, failover and
replication.

Must have a strong ability to work in a team oriented environment. Must also
be an independent self starter able to function with minimal supervision.

Expert knowledge of RHEL/CentOS, or other similar linux distribution.

Experience with building and maintaining RPM packages. Experience with
redhat satellite or Spacewalk a plus in addition to this.

Experience with open source centralized authentication technologies such as
Kerberos and OpenLDAP.

Expert level scripting with bash and perl/python or other competing
scripting language.

Experience with PHP coding and/or auditing is a plus.

Knowledge of Firewall and VPN configurations (Cisco,Juniper or similar) are
also a plus.

David Etnire

Senior Technical Recruiter

949-724-0304 x235 (O) | 714-364-7620 (M) | 949-271-4719 eFax

<>
www.crescentsolutions.net

[image: Description: crescent.logo.tag.rgb]

--
Network Operations Center Engineer
Atjeu Hosting

(503) 754-4452