Re: Removing socket 1156 stock cooler

Author: Brian Cluff
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Removing socket 1156 stock cooler
Those are relatively east to remove, but not totally obvious how to do
it. The heat sync stays connected to the board by pushing a pin between
the 2 plastic wedges that keep it connected to the motherboard. To get
the fan off you have to turn the top that you pressed in when you
attached it 90 degrees and then pull up it. That will pull the little
pin back and allow it to be pulled free from the motherboard. Just do
that 4 times and the fan should be able to be removed fairly easy.

Brian Cluff