Re: Reverse Proxy

Author: Joseph Sinclair
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Reverse Proxy
Depends on what exactly you need:
Just a fast stable and secure proxy to load-balance and provide a secure frontend:
haproxy (incredibly stable and fast, but only does proxy and load-balancing)
Popular webserver that runs as a proxy and does SSL unwrap:
Apache (heavy, lots of modules)
NGinx (light, fewer add-on capabilities)
Caching frontend to reduce load on your web servers:
Squid (very heavy and lots of tuning needed to get it just right)

Links:
haproxy: http://haproxy.1wt.eu/
apache: http://httpd.apache.org/
nginx: http://www.nginx.org/