Re: OT: Alternatives to Tivo?

+ (text/html)
Author: Chipper
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: OT: Alternatives to Tivo?
I like SageTV. The use of the HD extenders makes SageTV a very easy
install.

I currently run SageTV 6.x on an ArchLinux headless box with two
Hauppauge 1600 extenders. For ArchLinux I only had to install the TV
firmware (which I believe is now included in the latest kernels) and
Java. SageTV installed quickly and then I purchased an HD Extender for
the TV in the living room.