Re: Android phone and linux computer

Author: Thomas Cameron
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Android phone and linux computer
On 08/07/2010 05:36 PM, mike Enriquez wrote:
> I would like to purchase an Android Phone but I am not clear if I can
> connect it up to my Ubuntu computer.
> Is anyone using an Android phone and transferring files from their lunix
> computer and phone.
> Thanks for your answer.

I have an HTC Incredible. When I want to copy files to or from my
Fedora box, I just plug it in and the phone prompts me, asking how to
connect. When I choose USB drive mode, my Fedora box mounts the drive
and I can copy over music, ringtones, etc. with drag and drop
operations. Copying pictures off is also drag and drop. It's a thing
of beauty - trivially easy to do.