Re: row-based or query-based MySQL log-bins?

Author: der.hans
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: row-based or query-based MySQL log-bins?
Am 26. Jul, 2010 schwätzte Alex Dean so:

> On Jul 26, 2010, at 2:11 PM, der.hans wrote:
>
>> moin moin,
>>
>> Which is better, more reliable, etc?
>
> I believe neither is 'better'. Pros & cons for each. That being said, I
> have no direct experience with row-based replication, since I haven't been
> doing production mysql work for a little while. I'd be inclined to stick
> with statement-based since it's older and presumably better tested/debugged,
> but there are some cases where row-based makes sense.
>
> Looks like as of 5.1.8, you can let the server pick which to use on an
> as-needed basis. That sounds pretty snazzy.
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/replication-formats.html

Yes. That link led to some interesting reading. Danke!

It turns out we have 5.0 deployed, so we have only statement-based
replication available. I'll use that and add to our policies to move to
mixed-format logging once we move to 5.1.8 or greater.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://www.LuftHans.com/Classes        http://www.TwoGeekTechs.com/
#  Director of Engineering, FonWallet Transaction Solutions, Inc.