Re: MySQL grant use?

Author: der.hans
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: MySQL grant use?
Am 25. Jul, 2010 schwätzte Alex Dean so:

> On Jul 25, 2010, at 3:03 AM, der.hans wrote:
>
>> I'm needing to convert a very busy production myisam table that is
>> somewhat humongous to innodb and the conversion takes longer than the
>> maintenance windows.
>
> If you have a slave which is capable of becoming a production server, you can
> convert the slave to innodb. Let the conversion process take as long as it
> needs. Master is stil myisam, and slave is now innodb. Then during
> maintainence window, you take down the master and bind its IPs to the slave.
> Now you master is innodb. Needs testing, of course, but I believe this would
> work just fine. If you then set up the old master as a slave to the new
> master, you'll be able to switch back to using myisam on your master (as a
> saftey net).

Something like this is how the other tables got converted, but one big
table got overlooked. We've already converted the slave and want to avoid
another slave->master->slave dance.

I think I can make it happen with some log parsing and some incremental
updates.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://www.LuftHans.com/Classes        http://www.TwoGeekTechs.com/
#  Director of Engineering, FonWallet Transaction Solutions, Inc.