Re: How 'rsync' two in a script with one password?

+ (text/html)
Author: keith smith
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: How 'rsync' two in a script with one password?
Hi Joe,

Ran into this today http://troy.jdmz.net/rsync/index.html

------------------------

Keith Smith

--- On Fri, 7/16/10, <> wrote:

From: <>
Subject: How 'rsync' two in a script with one password?
Date: Friday, July 16, 2010, 8:28 AM

How can I use two (or more) 'rsync' commands in a single script without
having to enter the password separately for each one?

Below is a shortened example of a shell script that I use to update files
from my local computer to my web host. It works fine, except I have to
enter the password separately for each of the 'rsync' commands.

How can I modify this so I only have to enter the password once (or
perhaps embed the password for each one within the script)?

# update.blue

rsync -avHp --progress /home/joe/mydata/upquick/
:www/upquick/

rsync -avHp --progress /home/joe/mydata/zip/ :www/zip/

rsync -avHp --progress /home/joe/mydata/av7/ :www/av7/