This GOT to be stupid... How do I do a GUI wireles scan in U…

Author: kitepilot@kitepilot.com
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: This GOT to be stupid... How do I do a GUI wireles scan in Ubuntu 10.04 ?
OK, I am not a GUI fan, and besides, I've been a KDE user for years.
I got fed up with KDE, strigi, nepomuserver and all that junk.
So I am giving Ubuntu a spin...
And thinking that I should go the XFCE way, but that's a different post.

Anyway, sometime ago I bought a pre-installed Ubuntu laptop (that I returned
for other reasons) and it had this nice icon in the panel that I could
click, run a scan, and connect to a network.

I installed a from-scratch 10.04 and I can't find a way to run a GUI scan.

I can live with a manual scan from a terminal, but I am going to face a hard
sell for the uninitiated...

What am I missing?
Thanks!
ET