Re: Stammtisch tonight

+ (text/html)
Author: Mike Schwartz
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Mike L Schwartz
Subject: Re: Stammtisch tonight
On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 3:07 PM, der.hans <> wrote:

> moin moin,
>
> Tempe Free Software Stammtisch is tonight at Boulders on Broadway at
> 19:00.
>
> http://PLUG.phoenix.az.us/node/425
>
> Tomorrow will be the Avondale Free Software Stammtisch also at 19:00.
>
> http://PLUG.phoenix.az.us/node/593
>
> ciao,
>
> der.hans
> --
> #  http://www.LuftHans.com/Classes        http://www.TwoGeekTechs.com/
> #  Director of Engineering, FonWallet Transaction Solutions, Inc.
> #  Like the maid, I don't do (M$)Windows. - der.hans

IMHO the Avondale Stammtisch at Buffalo Wings & Rings, June 16, 2010, was a
success.

I was the only person in attendance who did not bring some kind of laptop
(or notebook, or netbook) PC with wifi. (in fact, I even forgot my cell
phone -- left it home by mistake :-)

Tuna allowed me to use his (blackberry) phone, to call my son Jeremy in
Chandler. It was Jeremy's 27-1/2-th birthday -- which might not sound like
a round number (integer multiple of one year, e.g.) but actually, it is
an integer multiple of 2-1/2 years ["2.5"] which is a quarter of a decade.

Jeremy's response included acknowledging [something like] that, on June 16,
this year he was indeed exactly 27.5 to the penny, and that, in his younger
days (when he was perhaps more of a nerd) he would have been right on top of
[nerdy] (nerd chic?) "factoid" data and events, such as that.

Whatever.
I start my new job [at Belcan] (along with Steve Garlick) Thurs (June 17).

I have worked with Steve Garlick before, at "at least" 2 previous companies
-- and that is, not counting one that is a sorta "wannabe" [future] start-up
co.

So June 17 should be a big day, for both me and Steve Garlick.

Thanks again, (der.hans), for issuing a "reminder" about both Stammtisch
events -- including the one at Buffalo Wings & Rings, June 16, 2010, which I
attended. :-)
--
Mike Schwartz
Glendale AZ