Re: Ot hard drive stress test

Author: Brian Cluff
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Ot hard drive stress test
I'll third on western digital, seagates are also pretty good, but
whatever you do don't even start to consider Maxtor. They seem to have
a near 100% failure rate. It's not if they are going to fail, but when.

Also don't go with any hard drive manufacturers budget line or low end
drive, try and go for drives that are made for server. They aren't all
that much more, but seem to have much lower failure rates.

Brian Cluff