Re: Coding a program to do mass downloading help

+ (text/html)
Author: Dan Dubovik
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Coding a program to do mass downloading help
wget?

If there are simply links on the page to get, you can use the recursive
option:

       -r
       --recursive
           Turn on recursive retrieving.

If you have a list of the URLs for the files to get:
       -i file
       --input-file=file
           Read URLs from file.  If - is specified as file, URLs are read
from the standard input.  (Use ./- to read from a file literally named -.)

           If this function is used, no URLs need be present on the command
line.  If there are URLs both on the command line and in an input file,
those on the command lines will be the first ones to be retrieved.  The file
need not be an HTML document (but no harm if it is)---it is enough if the
URLs are just listed sequentially.

           However, if you specify --force-html, the document will be
regarded as html.  In that case you may have problems with relative links,
which you can solve either by adding "<base href="url">" to the documents
or by specifying --base=url on the command line.