Re: Killing PLUG softly

+ (text/html)
Author: Joshua Zeidner
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Killing PLUG softly
On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 9:58 PM, JD Austin <> wrote:

> On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 21:52, Joshua Zeidner <> wrote:
>

>> I say let the discussion continue. We are literally in crisis mode in
>> this state and this country. Anyone who is being a disrespectful spammer is
>> going to be quickly blocked. That is their problem. Likewise anyone who is
>> intolerant is going to block everyone and be totally disconnected. That is
>> also their problem. I don't really see any abuse here.
>>
>> Would you rather have a chaotic email forum or a bankrupted state with
>> out of an control criminal element?
>>

> What can you say about the subject that you haven't already?
> If you're looking to change anyone's mind it is a rarity in this world and
> never happens by brute force. People have to be receptive to your message
> and if it's not something they want to hear you'll have to do the bending if
> you want your message to be received.

There is no more brainless fatalistic stupidity than this. Alex said
something similar before : "Nobody ever convinced anyone of anything by
arguing via email." If that is true, then why even participate here? Again
you're trying to rationalize the fact that you cannot deal with being
exposed to certain information and viewpoints. When someone encounters
something new that actually challenges their world view, first they reject
it as 'noise', then they argue and reason with it, then they accept it.

The issue of illegal aliens is very real and at this point in time, there
is no ignoring it.

-jmz